frequently asked questions
- Do I have to use a set list of vendors? No! While I have a very comprehensive list of the best professional wedding vendors and venues that I love to work with, I’m always open to working with new vendors- provided they are professional wedding vendors.
- How often do we meet? After our initial consultation and the contract has been signed much of our planning and communication will likely happen via phone and email. In person meetings can absolutely be scheduled when necessary and I’m happy to arrange and attend any key vendor or venue meetings.
- Do you have a team or do you do everything yourself? For the most part I’m a one woman show (as are most local planning companies!) but on wedding days I will often have a very qualified assistant with me to help execute the day- especially when the ceremony & reception are in different locations or if there are more than 150 guests in attendance.
- My venue has an event coordinator. Do I really need a wedding planner as well? Yes! Many venues in Charlotte have amazing event staffs. And they are great at what they do and can make my job much easier. The thing to remember is that they are employed by the venue and work for the venue. Their first priority is to manage the venue and their staff not to bustle your dress or make sure your mom doesn’t miss the cake cutting or tell the DJ to hold the first dance until your dad gets out of the bathroom! I work for you and am there for whatever you need on your wedding day.
- Do you offer “month of” wedding planning? I much prefer to work with my clients from start to finish. I find it makes the planning process and wedding day much more efficient when I’m involved throughout the entire planning & design process. That said, I do offer event management services on a limited basis via select vendor referral only.
Did I miss something? Send me an email and I’m happy to answer any questions you have regarding my wedding planning services!